We needed to leave for school ten minutes ago and they still don’t have their shoes on…
1. They Needed To Find A Toy To Take To School
You’re not allowed to take a toy to school, and no you can’t take one on the journey just for me to carry back for you.
2. They Needed To Get One Last Drink
And yet when you had your breakfast your drink was barely touched.
3. They Needed The Toilet After Having A Drink
You went three minutes ago!
4. They Can’t Find Their Shoes
They’re right there, on the shoe shelf, where they are every morning.
5. They Needed To Solve A Debate With Their Sibling
For crying out loud it really doesn’t matter if the middle colour of the traffic light is called orange or yellow. None of this makes any difference to the fact that you need to put your shoes on.
6. They Just Needed To Draw A Quick Picture
Seriously? All weekend I have offered you the opportunity to draw and you have refused in favour of your games console. NOW you want to draw something?
7. They Put The Wrong Shoes On
Why are you wearing your sandals? Firstly, it’s January and we don’t live in the southern hemisphere. Secondly, those sandals don’t even fit you anymore. Thirdly, you are wearing your school uniform and it’s a school day. That’s a pretty big clue as to what kind of shoes you need right now.
8. They Remembered They Needed Something For School
Sorry, but if you had told me yesterday that you needed to bring in a model Roman fort made from cereal boxes I may have been able to help you, but as we are now late for school I’m afraid it’s too late. Put your shoes on.
9. They Had To Tell Me Something
I’m sure your joke that you made up about Fortnite is absolutely hilarious, but right now what would really make me happy is if we left for school on time.
10. They Didn’t Realise It Was Time To Put Their Shoes On
I have only asked you, what, about 36 times?